Ganton Piru
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How Do I Join?

2 posters

Go down

How Do I Join? Empty How Do I Join?

Post by Anthony_Beauford Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:56 pm

UPDATE (03/29/2019):

The guidance below (from the original Palm Tree Piru forums) is still relevant but I wanted to add to it to maybe help guide people in today's server. PTP was built up by people joining as groups of friends and forming their own crews in Ganton which gang members would recruit and bolt onto PTP as part of the whole gang. To give you an example: Julius Mays, Shyheim Ellis, Kyree Mickens and a few other members of their crew joined by selling their own drugs outside of a house. PTP members recruited them into the gang and helped them begin selling the gang's drugs and carrying out gang member duties. If you join the forums, you will see that we have a thread on our forums that lets you organize a crew out of houses that we own (we will let you claim a home that we own without owning it, eventually allowing you to buy it once we trust your intentions; https://gantonpiru.forumotion.com/t17-recruitment-note-and-ganton-crews-housing#70).

This is a great model to replicate in this iteration of Ganton Piru if you're new. Find a group of friends and begin hanging out / selling drugs / partying around Ganton. You will get noticed and you will be recruited. We are not in the business of harassing unknown names out of Ganton. Ganton is a community that Palm Tree Piru operates in and not the other way around. If you do find members harassing you for simply being in Ganton and telling you to leave / bullying your intention of joining through this method, let us know. For too long Los Santos Roleplay gangs have treated turf / territory as flag hills. This shouldn't be the case and we will correct it if you report it to us while keeping your name anonymous. This gang was founded on misguided youth and gang members caring for each other by sharing everything from roofs to Glocks and Air Maxes.

Our job is to help you enjoy gang roleplay on the server. Please let us know how we can help do that. Let us know if you have any questions / would like further guidance.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

FROM ORIGINAL PALM TREE PIRU FORUMS:

The best way to approach our faction members is by buying drugs from us and sharing them with us, partying with us, drinking with us, or dating one of us. Some characters are more approachable than others, but we try to ask members to adopt attitudes that welcome new potential foot soldiers as most gangs do in real life provided that those approaching us have at least a C+ sense of what being a gang member is all about. The other day, someone bought weed off of my character and offered a 75-25 match on the weed (i.e. he covers 75% of the cost, I cover 25% of the cost) and we got to know each other that way. Occasionally, too, we approach unfamiliar faces and ask them if they want to drink and smoke with us.

You don't have to roleplay a very young teenager. In fact, I would advise against it. Our faction is very bottom-heavy right now which is why I'm promoting a faction-wide age-up to bring players up from fifteen year old gang members to early-mid twenty year old gang members to better reflect the type of faction which we want to impress. With that said, anything from ages 14 to 24 can make sense. If you choose to roleplay an older character, you'll get more respect/liking from older gang members. If you choose to roleplay younger, you'll get that respect/liking from other younger characters. We do our best to represent that diversity.

The best thing you can do is decide on an age, have me or one of my co-leaders make you a new forum account (or we can simply name change this one) in your character's name, and post a little Hood Tales profile for your character so people know what they'll be roleplaying with when you approach them. If you roleplay older, you're going to want some type of background that explains why your character is as old as he is but not in the gang. Doing stuff like that and simply partying with the gang can get you in. Other options including buying drugs from us, letting a member tax you for using our territory to sell it in, and proving that you can move drugs and later becoming a drug dealer for us.

I occasionally get PMs and just forward the same advice, which basically says to be creative in your approach and realize that Ganton Piru is a defensive faction more than an offensive faction. By that, we mean that we enjoy building our community more than we do destroying others'.

Just note that most of our faction is active in the American timezone (i.e. 0:00—05:00 is our "peak" time). With that said, we tend have at least 2-3 faction members in-game throughout the European timezones as well. Sometimes more. Sometimes less.

Feel free to simply forward this to all players which ask about how to join Ganton Piru and which type of character to represent, or write up your own.
Anthony_Beauford
Anthony_Beauford
Tony In The 80s

Back to top Go down

How Do I Join? Empty Re: How Do I Join?

Post by Anthony_Rivers Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:11 pm

Post updated above.

Anthony_Rivers
Chef BoyarP

https://gantonpiru.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: